This program prepares unemployed New Yorkers to work as commercial drivers.
This program helps unemployed New Yorkers who already have their Class D licenses to start new careers in commercial driving. The program preps students to take the NYS Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) road test. It also helps graduates find a job driving school buses, coach buses, trucks, and more within a network of NYC employers.
Need to brush up on your English language skills before applying for RHOR? Learn how the bridge program can help.
To be eligible for this training program, you must:
- Must be unemployed
- 21 years or older
- Live in New York City and be legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Obtain and submit a driver record from the DMV that must be less than 30 days old
- Able to attend training Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Absolutely no DWIs or DUIs
- Individuals with a criminal record are encouraged to apply
- Must have a valid NY State Driver’s License for at least two years with the following:
- A) Four (4) points or fewer
- B) No more than One (1) suspension (must be cleared for at least two years)
- C) No more than Two (2) convictions showing on the driver record
Red Hook on the Road’s CDL training program is four weeks long, with one week of in-class instruction and three weeks of behind-the-wheel instruction.
Fill out the interest form. If you qualify, you’ll be invited to an online information session where you will learn more about the program and the schedule.