Through this program, women can get training to start careers in the construction unions.
Nontraditional Employment (NEW) helps women achieve economic independence and get connected to union careers. It serves women from underserved communities and transgender and non-binary people. Through a tailored course and hands-on activities, NEW prepares you to succeed in building and construction trades unions.
Who it's for
To be eligible for this program, you should:
- Be over 18 years old
- Be an NYC resident
- Have a High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Have a valid ID and Social Security Card
- Be interested in a career in the construction trades
- Be willing to commit to an apprenticeship program that can last up to four years
- Be able to attend unpaid training during the day, Monday through Friday (training is mostly virtual or remote, with some in-person attendance)
- Have a computer, tablet, or mobile device for participation in virtual/remote training
If you’re interested in NEW, please complete this brief Community Hiring survey.
After you submit the survey, a Workforce1 Account Manager will follow up to see if you are a good fit for a pre-apprenticeship training.