This eight-month program prepares internationally trained nurses to pass the nurse licensing exam.
This free program prepares internationally trained nurses to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Through the program, participants gain the English and nursing skills needed to pass the exam and get work as a registered nurse. The program takes place in the evening for eight months.
To take part in the program, you must:
- Be an English language learner
- Be a New York City resident
- Be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Have a nursing degree from your home country
- Speak English at a high-intermediate level
- Be available to study a minimum of 16 hours per week in the evenings for eight months
- Submit re-credentialing applications to CGFNS, an organization that evaluates foreign credentials, and to the New York State Education Department
The program includes 16 hours per week of training for eight months. Classroom sessions are typically held Monday through Thursday, 6–10 p.m.
Below is the application process:
- Complete the online program application.
- Attend an online orientation session.
- Take an English language proficiency exam.
- Take an online nursing skills assessment.
- Complete an online interview with program staff.
- If selected, receive an invitation to enroll in program.