This 10-week paid training program offers hands-on experience making NYC rooftops more energy efficient.
NYC °CoolRoofs pays participants to coat rooftops in a reflective material that reduces their energy output. Through the program, you gain work experience while making the city more sustainable. You can also get a range of services, including help finding and keeping a job.
Who it's for
To be eligible, you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be legally authorized to work in the US
- No diploma or high school equivalency required
- Be ready to take part in a full-time program and work full time
Ideal candidates are:
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings and weekends
- Able to find their way in NYC and travel to installation sites
- Able to perform manual labor, including climbing stairs, lifting buckets, and working on a roof in the hot sun
- Comfortable and able to work with a low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) paint that contains latex
- Currently unemployed
The program has a flexible schedule, including early mornings and weekends.
To apply, complete the CoolRoofs Interest Form.
The application process includes the following steps:
- Attend a virtual info session
- Apply for the program
- Get assessed for eligibility by program staff