This pre-apprenticeship training helps prepare you to get unionized, get paid, and get a career in construction.
Construction Skills prepares people for apprenticeships in the construction unions. The program includes skills such as how to be professional while working on a construction site, math training, an overview of the industry, and physical preparation. Completing this program will earn you a Direct Entry referral to a unionized apprenticeship program for which you are qualified.
Construction Skills aims to create a more diverse workforce in the building and construction trade unions.
To be eligible for this program, you should:
- Be over 18 years old
- Be an NYC resident
- Have a High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Have a valid ID and Social Security Card
- Be interested in a career in the construction trades
- Be willing to commit to an apprenticeship program that can last up to four years
- Be able to attend unpaid training during the day, Monday through Friday (training is mostly virtual or remote, with some in-person attendance)
- Have a computer, tablet, or mobile device for participation in virtual/remote training
- Take the test for Adult Basic Education (TABE)
If you’re interested in this program, please complete this brief Community Hiring survey.
After you submit the survey, a Workforce1 Account Manager will follow up to see if you are a good fit for a pre-apprenticeship training.