Unemployed, out-of-school youth can get support with their career and education.
Train & Earn is a short-term career pathway program for low-income youth who are not working and not in school. The program helps you improve job skills and find permanent work. It also provides High School Equivalency (HSE or GED) prep and support services. You can get up to 12 months of follow-up services after finishing the program.
Who it's for
You may be eligible for this program if you:
- Live in NYC
- Are 16–24 years old
- Are not in school school and not working
- Meet one of these criteria:
- You’re a homeless or runaway youth
- You’re in foster care or have aged out of the foster care system
- You’re involved in the justice system
- You have a disability
- You are pregnant or a parent
- You are low-income and need help to enter or complete an education program or to get or hold a job
Schedules vary for each program. Contact providers for more information.
The program can serve people with limited English skills in their primary language.
You can use Discover DYCD to find programs in your area. To get started:
- Go to the Discover DYCD website
- Type “Train & Earn” into the “Keyword Search” box
- Find programs in your area by entering your zip code, neighborhood, or borough, and clicking “Search”
See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update