See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update to this program
Unemployed, out-of-school youth can get support with their career and education.
Train & Earn is a short-term career pathway program for eligible youth who are not working and not in school. The program helps improve job skills and find permanent work. It also provides High School Equivalency prep and support services, and includes 12 months of follow-up services after program completion.
You may be eligible for this program if you:
- Live in NYC
- Are 16–24 years old
- Are not in school and not working
- You are at least ONE of the following:
- a homeless or runaway youth
- in foster care or have aged out of the foster care system
- involved in the justice system
- a person with a disability
- pregnant or a parent
- low-income and need help to enter or complete an education program or to get or hold a job
Schedules vary for each program. Contact a provider from the Train & Earn providers list for more information.
This program is available from providers throughout the City. Check the Train & Earn Providers List PDF to find a provider near you, and reach out to them directly.
You can also use Discover DYCD to find programs in your area. To get started:
- Go to the Discover DYCD website
- Click Search Programs and type “Train & Earn” into the “Program Search” box
- Find programs in your area by entering your zip code, neighborhood, or borough, and clicking “Search”
Or call DYCD Community Connect at 1-800-246-4646 for more information.