This 10-week paid training program offers hands-on experience making NYC rooftops more energy efficient.
NYC °CoolRoofs pays participants to coat rooftops in a reflective material that reduces their energy output. Through the program, you gain work experience while making the city more sustainable. You can also get a range of services, including help finding and keeping a job.
Who it's for
To be eligible, you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be legally authorized to work in the US
- No diploma or high school equivalency required
- Be ready to take part in a full-time program and work full time
Ideal candidates are:
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings and weekends
- Able to find their way in NYC and travel to installation sites
- Able to perform manual labor, including climbing stairs, lifting buckets, and working on a roof in the hot sun
- Comfortable and able to work with a low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) paint that contains latex
- Currently unemployed
The program has a flexible schedule, including early mornings and weekends.
This program is not currently recruiting. To be contacted when the application opens, complete this form.
When it opens, the application process includes the following steps:
- Attend a virtual info session
- Apply for the program
- Get assessed for eligibility by program staff
See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update