This program helps people with disabilities prepare for and find a job.
NYC: ATWORK is a self-guided employment program for people with disabilities. It recruits, screens, and connects New Yorkers to jobs and internships with partners in the public and private sectors.
Who it's for
To be eligible for NYC: ATWORK, you must:
- Have a documented disability
- Be 18 years or older
- Live in New York City
- Have career goals
- Have resumes and cover letters
- Have basic interviewing skills
The best matches for NYC: ATWORK are those driven to use the program’s guidance to improve their hiring chances.
The program follows these steps:
- Fill out a pre-screening questionnaire. Followed by a phone screening, virtual orientation, and official enrollment.
- Join a series of job-readiness workshops to learn more about tools for a better job search.
- Continue job search on your own with the help of an assigned Relationship Manager.
Accommodations provided on request, including American Sign Language, CART, and information in Braille or enlarged print.
NYC: ATWORK offers services in ASL, Spanish, and French.
For eligible candidates looking to be added to the waitlist, please fill out the Jobseeker Referral Form.
See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update to this program