This eight-month program prepares internationally trained nurses to pass the NY State nurse licensing exam.
This program prepares people who worked as nurses outside the US to take the registered nurse licensing exam, the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN). Through the program, you can gain the English and nursing skills you need to pass the exam and get work as a registered nurse. The program takes place in the evening for eight months.
Who it's for
To take part in the program, you must:
- Be an English language learner
- Be a New York City resident and eligible to work in the US
- Have a nursing degree from your home country
- Speak English at a high-intermediate level
- Be available to study a minimum of 16 hours per week in the evenings for eight months
- Submit re-credentialing applications to CGFNS, an organization that evaluates foreign credentials, and the New York State Education Department
The program includes 16 hours per week of training for eight months. Classroom sessions are typically held Monday through Thursday, 6–10pm.
Applications for this program are currently closed. If you’re interested in the program and want to be contacted when it opens, please complete this survey.
Below is the application process:
- Complete the online program application
- Attend an online information session
- Take an English language proficiency exam
- Take an online nursing skills assessment
- Complete an online interview with program staff
- If selected, receive an invitation to enroll in program
See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update