This free program helps New Yorkers learn English.
English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) classes help students to improve their English language communication skills.
Who it's for
Programs provide services to New Yorkers who are:
- At least 16 years of age
- Not enrolled or required to be enrolled in secondary school
- Unable to speak, read and/or write the English language well enough to participate in education or training programs conducted in English
The schedule varies with each provider.
Services can be provided in other languages.
Find and connect to programs by visiting Discover DYCD. To find a provider on Discover DYCD:
- Type in the Keyword Search “English for Speakers of Other Languages” to find a list of providers
- Filter based on where providers are located
- Reach out to providers directly by phone or email to learn more about their programs and how to apply
See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update