These grants pay for certain in-demand trainings by eligible providers.
With Individual Training Grants (ITGs), eligible New Yorkers can get job training from a range of providers. ITGs pay for your tuition, registration fees, testing fees, and books. Eligible courses include trainings for jobs in healthcare, tech, transportation, and security.
Who it's for
To qualify for an ITG, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have an updated resume
- Be looking for a job or currently employed and making less than $63,928 per year
- Be ready to work immediately after training
- Have a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency and work experience (some occupations require a degree)
Specific trainings may have other requirements.
The schedule varies by training and provider.
To apply for an ITG, you must:
- Register virtually at Workforce1
- Meet education and experience requirements
- View a presentation about the application process
- Take a test of your skill level
- Research courses on the NYC Training Guide and complete an application for an ITG
- Interview with a career advisor
Applying for an ITG doesn’t guarantee you’ll get one. The application process is selective. At each step you will receive approval to move forward or a referral to other services. Success is based on your eligibility, needs, skill level, and prospects for successfully completing the program and getting a job in the field.
Visit Workforce1 virtually to find out more and apply.
See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update