See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update to this program
New Yorkers can get help paying for job training in a variety of fields with Individual Training Grants (ITGs).
ITGs can be used to pay for course tuition, registration fees, testing fees, and books. Eligible courses include trainings for jobs in healthcare, technology, transportation, and security service.
To qualify for an ITG, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be actively looking for employment or currently employed and earning less than $63,928/year.
- Be ready to work immediately after training.
- Register to be a member of Workforce1 Career Center.
- Have a minimum of a GED or high school diploma.
The schedule varies by trainings and providers.
To apply for an ITG, you must:
- Have participated in SBS services within the last six months
- Meet education and experience requirements
- View a presentation about the application process and take a skills test
- Research courses on the NYC Training Guide and complete an application
- Interview with a career advisor
Applying for an ITG does not guarantee you’ll get one. The application process is selective. At each step you will receive approval to move forward or a referral to other services. Success is based on your eligibility, needs, skill level, and prospects for successfully completing the program and getting a job in the field.
Contact the Virtual Workforce1 Career Center System to find out more and apply.