This six-week program prepares and places New Yorkers in cable installation jobs.
New Yorkers can get training for a new career in cable installation, with work after they finish the program. Through six weeks of online training, the program preps students with the skills they need for work as a cable. It also helps grads find a job within a network of NYC employees.
Who it's for
To take part, you should:
- Have lived in New York City for at least 6 months
- Be legally eligible to work in the US
- Be 18 years or older
- Be unemployed, low-income, or receiving public assistance
- Be able to pass a drug test
- Be physically fit, able to lift 70 pounds, and not colorblind
- Take a reading and math test at the information session and score at or above the 8th grade level
- Be able to attend class Monday through Friday, 8:30am–5pm in Downtown Brooklyn
- Be comfortable with heights and crawl spaces
The program happens Monday–Friday, 8:30am–5pm, for six weeks.
To apply for the program, follow these steps:
- Attend a Brooklyn Networks info session
- Fill out an application and meet with program staff
- Take part in assessments and medical screening
See something out of date on this page? Suggest an update to this program