This 10-week paid training program offers hands-on experience making NYC rooftops more energy efficient.
NYC °CoolRoofs pays participants to coat rooftops in a reflective material that reduces the building’s energy output. This training opportunity includes 10 to 11 weeks of full-time, paid work experience installing energy-saving reflective rooftops at a starting wage of $15 per hour. You can also earn credentials in the construction sector, including 4-Hour Flagger, 4-Hour Scaffold User, Fireguard, CPR/First Aid, and Construction Site Safety Training (SST) certification at no cost.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be 18 years or older
- Be legally authorized to work in the US
- Be ready to take part in a full-time program and work full time
No diploma or high school equivalency required.
Ideal candidates are:
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including early mornings and weekends
- Able to find their way in NYC and travel to installation sites
- Able to perform manual labor, including climbing stairs, lifting buckets, and working on a roof in the hot sun
- Comfortable and able to work with a low Volatile Organic Compound (VOC) paint that contains latex
- Currently unemployed
The program has a flexible schedule, including early mornings and weekends.
To apply, complete the CoolRoofs Interest Form.
The application process includes the following steps:
- Attend a virtual info session.
- Apply for the program.
- Get assessed for eligibility by program staff.