Let us know what you think about this website by sending us feedback
Health with New York Police Department (NYPD)
$46,191 - $64,925 per year
Last updated on Mar 21, 2023
The NYPD’s Health and Wellness Section is looking for a Yoga Instructor.
You must be passionate about your craft and willing to work with members of all fitness levels. Our ideal yoga teacher has trained in a variety of yoga methods and worked as an instructor for several years. We want you to create fun and effective classes, and you must be responsive to the needs of our members. You also need to be organized, reliable, and able to arrive at all your scheduled classes and appointments on time.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure the yoga room is set up correctly for class
- Lead students on proper breathing techniques and poses
- Document student attendance
- Keep accurate records on student fitness goals and progress.
Certifications in First Aid and CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) issued by the American Red Cross or other organization having an equivalent certification program recognized by the employing agency, and:
- A Baccalaureate degree from an ac credited college with a major in nutrition, exercise physiology, health and fitness, physical education or a closely related field, plus 4 years of fulltime paid experience in one or more of these areas, 1 year of which must have been in teaching exercise techniques; or
- An Associate degree from an accredited college with a major in nutrition, exercise physiology, health and fitness, physical education or a closely related field, plus 6 years of fulltime paid experience in one or more of these areas, 1year of which must have been in teaching exercise techniques; or
- Current Yoga certification required
- Completion of a 200-hour yoga training course is a plus
- 1-3 years of yoga instructor experience preferred
- Friendly and outgoing with excellent communication skills