Let us know what you think about this website by sending us feedback
Structural Engineering Intern
Engineering, Architecture, ＆ Planning with NYC Department of Parks & Recreation (NYC Parks)
$51,413 - $59,125 per year
Last updated on Mar 13, 2023
NYC Parks is an award-winning city agency that builds and cares for public spaces for New Yorkers to connect, play and enjoy. These public spaces, encompassing over 5,000 properties, 14% of the city’s land and 31% of the city’s coastline, include seawalls and waterfronts, pedestrian bridges, beaches and boardwalks, parks and playgrounds, historic houses, recreation centers and pools.
Under direct supervision of in-house engineering staff, selected candidates will perform the following:
• Develop designs, drawings, and specifications for structural engineering projects including construction and reconstruction of all types of Parks facilities, with a focus on retaining walls, historic sites and unusual or emergency conditions.
• Perform mathematical and engineering calculations, including quantity and cost estimates.
• Perform field investigations, inspections, document conditions and produce reports.
• Technical review of consultant engineering designs for quality and conformity with Parks standards.
• Draft and edit project scopes, presentations, contracts and other documents.
1. A baccalaureate degree in civil engineering from an accredited college. A degree in any other engineering area or in civil engineering technology is not acceptable.