Let us know what you think about this website by sending us feedback
SNAP Eligibility Interviewer
Social Services with NYC Department of Social Services (DSS)
$37,748 - $43,410 per year
NYC All Boroughs
Last updated on Mar 13, 2023
Join a team that is dedicated to serving our City and fellow New Yorkers with care and compassion.
This job is hiring to fill 200 positions in all 5 boroughs.
The city’s Family Independence Administration (FIA) is hiring much needed Snap Eligibility Interviewers. The employees of the Family Independence Administration (FIA) help provide unique individual services to eligible New Yorkers aimed toward the achievement of long-term self-sufficiency.
The Human Resources Administration/Department of Social Services offers competitive salaries and these benefits:
- Generous Pension Plans (The New York Employees’ Retirement System)
- 401(k) and Roth 457 Retirement Savings Programs
- U.S. Savings Bonds Flexible Spending Program
- Health Benefits, Dental, Vision Coverage, Prescription Drug Program
- Training and Professional Development
- Opportunity for Scholarship
- College Savings Program
- Paid Holidays and Generous Annual Leave.
- Student Loan Forgiveness through the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
This job is part of the 55-a Program
This program makes the interview process more straightforward for people with disabilities.
If you have a disability, add a note to the top of your resume and cover letter saying “I would like to be considered for this position with the 55-a Program.”
You are a good fit for this job if you are a NYC resident, have a 4 year high school diploma (or equivalent) and either 2 years of job experience or 60 college credits.
Work experience can be:
- gathering information
- preparing documents
Examples of this kind of work is:
- Making decisions concerning eligibility for public assistance (for example: unemployment, health benefits, social security, casualty, property or liability insurance)
- Performing bookkeeping bank teller duties, housing office teller duties, purchasing agent, assistant store manager, sales representative responsible for accounts
- customer service representative responsible for making determinations
- Dealing with social service agencies or helping individuals in solving housing, social, financial or health problems as a community organization representative