Let us know what you think about this website by sending us feedback
Technology, Data ＆ Innovation with NYC Department of Transportation (NYC DOT)
$75,000 - $130,000 per year
Last updated on Mar 17, 2023
The New York City Department of Transportation’s (NYC DOT) provides safe, efficient, and environmentally responsible movement of pedestrians, goods, and vehicular traffic on the streets, highways, bridges, and waterways of the City’s transportation network. NYC DOT rehabilitates and maintains the City’s infrastructure, including bridges, tunnels, streets, sidewalks, and highways.
The NYC DOT IT & Telecom division is an award-winning team leading business transformation through technology innovation to enhance the agency’s ability in fulfilling its mission. IT & Telecom acts as a strategic partner with all business units to promote technology initiatives by delivering quality service, and secure solutions that provide new and improved capabilities for the Agency. We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone in the division to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
We offer our full-time employee’s competitive salaries, excellent benefit options and perks that include:
• Pension and Retirement Plans- Upon retirement, qualified members of the City’s generous pension program receive a guaranteed salary and health benefits for the rest of their lives. There are also 401K and 457 plans available to supplement your retirement needs.
• Health Coverage- We offer health coverage to meet your needs and your family.
• Dental and Vision Coverage- We offer a wide variety of excellent civil service title-based union dental and vision coverage to meet the needs of you and your family.
• Paid Time Off- We offer paid vacation and sick time off which accrues over time based on your years of service.
• Professional Development – We offer numerous training programs, leadership development opportunities, and career coaching services, while encouraging employees to attend approved off and on-site trainings and seminars.
• Additional Perks – Our employees are eligible for discounts on top theme parks, hotels, shows, events, movies and more.
The IT & Telecom division is seeking a ServiceNow Developer to join our ServiceNow team in IT & Telecom division. The ServiceNow Developer’s primary responsibilities include providing technical solutions and custom application development within the ServiceNow environment following SDLC. Candidate must have a strong understanding of software engineering and ServiceNow’s IT Service Management (ITSM), IT Operation Management, IT Business Management, and core ServiceNow Platform capabilities. This individual needs to have a solution-driven mindset to best work through the deliverables around the needs of the agency. Excellent communication, requirements elicitation, documentation and technical skills are extremely important for this individual to be successful! We hope you are encouraged to become a member of this great team which supports critical innovation for our DOT workforce to perform to their best at one of the most important agencies in the City of New York.
• Contribute to the Planning, Designing, developing, or configuring, and rolling out new applications and maintaining deployed production solutions.
• Engage with internal business units to gather functional and technical requirements for enhancement of current production solutions or for new SaaS solution/Custom Application Solutions following agile or waterfall methodology.
• Conduct workshops for requirements gathering and document current state through Use Cases, Functional, design and technical documentation etc.
• Provide SME on the ServiceNow platform and ITIL v3/v4 expertise to the leadership team.
• Provide and identify new capabilities and opportunities for platform roadmaps.
• Provide administration for all ServiceNow instances and servers. Provide technical support for ServiceNow related incidents.
• Create integrations and process automation using API and data integration processes between ServiceNow and other services.
• Create and maintain Service Catalog Items and Knowledge Bases.
• Contribute to the NYC DOT ServiceNow Knowledge base through well written articles.
• Work with other IT team members and other key client stakeholders within IT and the business units and provide clear communication for non-technical users.
• Design security of the application, and own data security function
• Provide training to end users through different training process based on end users.
1. A baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure; or
2. Eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure;
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above.