Let us know what you think about this website by sending us feedback
Senior BI Specialist
Technology, Data ＆ Innovation with NYC Department of Correction (DOC)
$100,000 - $140,000 per year
Last updated 2 days ago
The New York City Department of Correction (DOC) is an integral part of the City’s evolving criminal justice system, participating in reform initiatives and strategies aimed to move the City towards the smallest jail system possible without compromising public safety. The DOC is solely responsible for maintaining a safe and secure environment for staff, visitors, volunteer and people in custody inside our jails. Importantly, safe jails enable DOC to providing people in custody with the tools and opportunities they need to successfully re-enter their communities. The DOC operates facilities and court commands across the five boroughs with over 9,000 diverse professionals and knowledge experts.
The BI Specialist is part of the Web Development and Architecture Unit located at the Department of Correction headquarters in East Elmhurst, New York. This unit supports the agency’s technological objectives which offers the potential to improve the quality of life for people in custody and help make correctional staff jobs safer and more streamlined. The BI Specialist will be working on some of our state-of-the-art projects such as Inmate tracking and Inmate Management, Employee scanning and scheduling.
The New York City Department of Correction is seeking a candidate to serve as a Senior BI specialist.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Deliver BI reports, ETL development, administering Cognos, and Tableau servers Design and implement data warehouse systems and ETL jobs.
• Installation, administration and latest version upgrades for Cognos and Tableau servers.
• Provide production support for existing reports and data warehouse.
• Work as part of large-scale enterprise IT organization supporting mission critical data warehouse databases.
• Coordinate with other IT groups and departments in the resolution of problem calls.
1. A baccalaureate degree in computer science, engineering or a related field from an accredited college and four years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure; or
2. Eight years of satisfactory full-time experience related to IT automation engineering, monitoring engineering, management of infrastructure;
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above.