Let us know what you think about this website by sending us feedback
School Surveyor, Veterinary and Pest Control Services
Health with NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH)
$38,333 per year
Last updated on Mar 22, 2023
The New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene’s Division of Environmental Health works to prevent and control illness and injury related to environmental and occupational health risks through outreach, education, surveillance and enforcement.? With staff of 1,000, the Division covers a broad range of subject matter, including oversight of environmental investigations, lead poisoning, injury prevention, occupational health, food safety, child care , radiation control, recreational and drinking water quality, air quality, climate health, vector control, veterinary public health and pest control. The Division of Environmental Health seeks two Community Associates for its Bureau of Veterinary and Pest Control Services.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Conduct surveys of rodent activity in parks, green streets, city housing developments, schools, catch basins, sidewalks, tree pits and any other applicable city areas for rat infestations and or environmental issues conducive to rodent infestation.
- Use GIS enabled application and/or Handheld technology to collect survey results and Completes appropriate forms and writes reports. Provides educational materials and counsels on rodent management.
- Document and communicates outcomes of surveys and other related inspectional activities. Collect field data and makes notes and electronically transfers data for further processing.
- Conduct special studies and surveys as directed by their supervisor.
- Conduct quality assurance surveys to confirm that pest management firms or personnel are providing satisfactory service.
- Identify, document, and report conditions that are associated with rodent infestation.
- Perform follow up surveys to determine the status of reported rodent conditions.
- High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
- Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” above.