Let us know what you think about this website by sending us feedback
Policy and Communications Associate, Silver Stars
Constituent Services ＆ Community Programs with NYC Board of Correction (BOC)
$29.61 - $31.96 per hour
NYC All Boroughs
Last updated 1 day ago
The Board of Correction seeks an enthusiastic Policy & Communications Associate with a passion for strategic development and justice, fairness, and excellence in corrections and government. Under the direction of the Director of Policy & Communications, the Associate will support the agency’s Policy & Communications goals and the Board’s overall mission for safer, fairer, smaller, and more humane NYC jails. For these reasons, the successful candidate will have excellent communication and organizational skills, as well as an understanding of current criminal justice and correctional policy trends.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Prepare and produce various confidential reports and documents, including original research, policy analyses, and briefing sheets
• Plan, coordinate, and prepare the Director of Policy & Communications for meetings with external stakeholders; represent the Board at meetings with stakeholders
• Plan and coordinate public meetings and other public events; oversee operations for each meeting, including preparing materials, communicating with stakeholders, and preparing the meeting space
• Draft, edit, produce, and distribute internal and external correspondence on behalf of the Director of Policy & Communications and the Board
• Upload documents to agency website, City portals, and social media accounts; serve on website redesign committee
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge base on critical issues in correctional and criminal justice reform and policy
• Draft issue briefs, press releases, and other communications
• Participate in a variety of special projects assigned by the Director of Policy & Communications, as needed
• Other duties as assigned.
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and two years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties described above; or
2. High school graduation or equivalent and six years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to the duties as described above; or
3. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” or “2” above. However, all candidates must have at least one year of experience as described in “1” above.