Let us know what you think about this website by sending us feedback
Pest Control Aide
Public Safety, Inspections, ＆ Enforcement with NYC Housing Authority (NYCHA)
$31,377 - $38,741 per year
NYC All Boroughs
Last updated 1 day ago
The New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) is the nation’s largest public housing authority, with an operating budget of $3.3 billion and approximately 10,600 employees who manage and maintain 325 developments that house over 400,000 residents. NYCHA also operates the country’s largest Section 8 program, which provides rental assistance to over 200,000 additional families.
Pest Management administration and to provide pest control services. Under close supervision, City Pest Control Aides will be responsible for performing Integrated Pest Management functions working either directly with Exterminators or independently.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Assist in conducting inspections to assess presence of pest and severity levels.
• Interview residents regarding pest conditions.
• Place and retrieve monitors.
• Remove frass, perform HEPPA vacuuming, and steaming furniture.
• Remove dropping, pest carcass and sanitize surfaces.
• Perform pest proofing functions such as caulking, installing escutcheon plates, installing door sweeps, sealing and plugging small holes.
• Remove refuse accumulations from the interiors and exteriors of premises in target areas and load such accumulations on trucks.
• Assist exterminators in pest control activities in interiors and exteriors of buildings.
• Assist in the analysis of the designated pest infestation conditions and in selecting the appropriate pesticide and baits for exterminating and eliminating the infestation.
• Assist in miscellaneous unskilled activities related to the Pest Control Program including office and field work.
• Issue educational literature to tenants and staff.
Note: Assignments will be made throughout the five boroughs
SPECIAL NOTE: Effective August 16, 2021, all persons newly hired for employment by the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) must provide proof of having received at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to beginning their employment, except for those who obtain an exception due to medical or religious reasons through the reasonable accommodation process.
After receiving a conditional offer of employment from NYCHA, an applicant for employment must provide proof of having received at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine within a reasonable period of time. Failure by the applicant to provide NYCHA with proof of having received at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine will result in NYCHA revoking the conditional offer unless the applicant obtains an exception through the reasonable accommodation process.
Any person who begins their employment with NYCHA after providing proof of having received only one dose in a 2-dose series of a COVID-19 vaccine, will also be required to provide NYCHA with proof of receipt of a second dose within 30 days of the first dose. Failure to do so will result in termination.
Please read this posting carefully to make certain you meet the qualification requirements before applying to this position.
Minimum Qual Requirements
There are no formal education or experience requirements for this position.
• Knowledge of pest control.
• Valid Driver’s license is a plus.
• NYSDEC Category 7A Commercial Pesticide Technician license.
1. For NYCHA employees, preference will be given to employees who have served a period of one year in their current title and level (if applicable).
2. NYCHA residents are encouraged to apply.
Multiple Positions are hiring: