Let us know what you think about this website by sending us feedback
Laboratory Associate I, Phlebotomist, Bureau of Public Health Clinics
Community Organizing, Constituent Services ＆ Community Programs, Health with NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH)
$24.87 - $27.37 per hour
NYC All Boroughs
Last updated on Mar 22, 2023
The Bureau of Public Health Clinics (BPHC) Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI) has the mission of improving the sexual heath of all New Yorkers. To achieve this the Bureau provides direct clinic services to people seeking sexual health care, and services to sex partners; monitors disease trends; provides education and training to providers and community groups, conducts research and develop policies to improve sexual health and wellness. The BPHC_STI operates 8 Sexual Health Clinics throughout New York City (NYC).
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Obtaining and labeling blood specimens taken from patients.
- Labeling packages and storing specimens appropriately for transportation to Labs.
- Utilizing infection and safety practices * Maintaining phlebotomy area and instruments before and after usage.
- Following-up prescribed patient care and emergency procedures as necessary.
- Performing waived laboratory testing(Pregnancy Tests, Rapid HIV, Urinalysis and Rapid Trichomonas tests).
- Assisting Physician in Phlebotomy Specimen Collection.
- Centrifuging specimen samples.
- Training new incoming Employees in Lab Equipment and specimen Collection.
- Make sure all Labs equipment is up to date, sterilized properly Stocked.
- Maintaining quality control and performing for Alere,HCG & Trichomonas testing.
- Assisting interpretation for Physician and other staff members.
High school diploma or its equivalent and:
- One year of appropriate full-time experience or training in a biological, chemical, or clinical laboratory; or
- Eight credits, including laboratory coursework, in biology, chemistry, or medical technology, from an accredited college or university; or
- A satisfactory equivalent combination of (1) and (2) above. However all candidates must have a high school diploma or its equivalent.