Let us know what you think about this website by sending us feedback
Digital Evidence Specialist
Technology, Data ＆ Innovation with Bronx District Attorney’s Office
$60,000 per year
Last updated on Mar 14, 2023
Multiple Positions Available —
The Bronx District Attorney’s Office is seeking a well-qualified staff whose diverse backgrounds reflect an ability to serve the 1.4 million members of the Bronx County community and to pursue a safer Bronx through fair justice. The Digital Forensics Bureau, within the Strategic Enforcement and Intergovernmental Relations Division, provides support for the Bronx District Attorney’s Office by forensically analyzing various types of digital evidence including mobile devices, desktop and laptop computers, portable storage devices, as well as providing assistance in a variety of technology-related areas. The Digital Evidence Specialist is responsible for securing, documenting and preserving electronic evidence and utilizing forensically sound methods and procedures, in support of criminal investigations.
- Perform evidence intake functions and serve as the primary caretaker of digital evidence received by the Digital Forensic Bureau
- Prepare case evidence documentation, label and photograph incoming evidence and prepare case files
- Schedule intake appointments and requests for evidence return
- Perform data entry functions by logging evidence into the Lab’s case tracking system
- Generate and maintain all documentation regarding the chain of custody of digital evidence
- Disassemble, configure and troubleshoot computer and/or mobile device hardware
- Conduct periodic audits of evidence, equipment, personnel and case records; generate reports
- Perform administrative tasks as needed for the Digital Forensics Bureau and its personnel
- Prepare forensic images and organize and upload case file images for archival purposes
- Testify at grand jury, hearings, trial or other proceedings regarding performance of duties
- Maintain forensic hardware and software used in the Digital Forensics Bureau, including conducting verifications, firmware updates, and license updates.
- Other tasks as required by the Digital Forensics Bureau
1. High school graduation or equivalent and three years of experience in community work or community centered activities in an area related to duties described above; or
2. Education and/or experience which is equivalent to “1” above.
Multiple Positions are hiring: