Let us know what you think about this website by sending us feedback
Community Engagement Coordinator Community Affairs Unit
Bronx District Attorney’s Office
Evening, Full-time, Weekend
$54,786 per year
Last updated on Mar 22, 2023
The Bronx District Attorney is committed to serving the 1.4 million members of the Bronx County community through the Office’s groundbreaking mission of “Pursuing Justice with Integrity” by fulfilling our duty to victims and providing fairness to defendants. The Community Affairs Unit is the critical connection between the District Attorney and the Bronx community. Community Engagement Coordinators work closely with community partners to address crime in their neighborhoods, educate the community on the criminal justice system, and liaise with the office’s bureaus and units on strategies to develop engagement initiatives focused on specific crimes and communities. This position is responsible for imagining, planning, coordinating, scheduling, and participating in a variety of outreach activities including community meetings, special interest engagements and other public events.
- Represent BXDA at monthly precinct, community board (both general and district service cabinet meetings), and other community meetings\
- Plan, coordinate, promote, and schedule Bronx District Attorney’s Office events
- Plan conferences and events by coordinating logistical meetings, maintaining necessary goods, and securing locations and speakers
- Work directly on critical community initiatives such as Drug Free Coalitions, Gun Buy Backs, City Agency Task Forces, Take Your Child to
- Work, National Night Out, as well as other pertinent programming
- Facilitate the CONCEPT program and anti-violence curriculum in charter, public and parochial schools to both students and parent groups
- Manage constituent inquires and help to build community relations
- Maintain relationships with elected officials, schools, clergy, merchant associations, community-based organizations, civic organizations, and others
- Assist with special events and projects as neededDue to the necessary service needs of this position, the incumbent will be required to work nights, holidays, and weekends.