Let us know what you think about this website by sending us feedback
City Park Worker
Building Operations ＆ Maintenance with NYC Department of Parks & Recreation (NYC Parks)
$16.63 per hour
NYC All Boroughs
Last updated on Mar 20, 2023
NYC Parks is the steward of over 30,000 acres of land – 14 percent of New York City – including more than 5,000 individual properties ranging from Coney Island Beach and Central Park to community gardens and Greenstreets. We operate more than 800 athletic fields and nearly 1,000 playgrounds, 1,800 basketball courts, 550 tennis courts, 65 public pools, 51 recreational facilities, 15 nature centers, 14 golf courses and 14 miles of beaches. We care for 1,200 monuments and 23 historic house museums. We look after 600,000 street trees and two million more in parks. We are New York City’s principal providers of recreational and athletic facilities and programs. We are home to free concerts, world-class sports events and cultural festivals. We build and maintain clean, safe and accessible parks citywide, and conduct recreational, cultural and educational activities for people of all ages. Through this work, NYC Parks improves people’s lives, providing outlets for creative expression, opportunities for healthy recreation and exposure to the restorative beauty of the natural world. Our Citywide Services division seeks qualified applicants to assist with maintenance of our pools, Sports Coating / Turf Installs and Storehouse operations.
This Job Vacancy Notice is for City Park Worker Positions with Citywide Services
- Assist in general maintenance work, including lawn mowing, edging, seeding, snow removal, cultivating, fertilizing, sod laying and hedge trimming, sweeping and raking of litter and emptying of receptacles.
- Clean and maintain facilities including comfort stations.
- Perform Green roof installs and maintenance.
- Drive vehicles and operate certain other motorized equipment.
- Perform safety checks on facilities and equipment.
- Install new basketball, pickleball and tennis courts.
- Perform storehouse inventory and assist with filling requisitions and orders.
- Perform artificial turf installs and maintenance.
- May move furniture, climb and perform other physical activities as required in the performance of assigned duties.
- There are no formal education or experience requirements for this position.
- A Motor Vehicle Driver’s License valid in the State of New York is required.
- Ability to read and to understand and obey orders is required.
- There are certain medical and physical requirements.