How can we improve this website? Let us know by sending us feedback
Join the NYC Department of Parks and Recreation (NYC Parks) as a City Park Worker
This job vacancy notice is only for city park worker positions in Brooklyn.
NYC Parks is the steward of over 30,000 acres of land – 14 percent of New York City – including more than 5,000 individual properties ranging from Coney Island Beach and Central Park to community gardens and Greenstreets. We operate more than 800 athletic fields and nearly 1,000 playgrounds, 1,800 basketball courts, 550 tennis courts, 65 public pools, 51 recreational facilities, 15 nature centers, 14 golf courses and 14 miles of beaches. We care for 1,200 monuments and 23 historic house museums. We look after 600,000 street trees and two million more in parks. We are New York City’s principal providers of recreational and athletic facilities and programs. We are home to free concerts, world-class sports events and cultural festivals.
- Assist in general maintenance work, including lawn mowing, edging, seeding, snow removal, cultivating, fertilizing, sod laying and hedge trimming, sweeping and raking of litter and emptying of receptacles.
- Clean and maintain facilities including comfort stations.
- Perform minor repair work including but not limited to plumbing, masonry, electrical, painting, carpentry, metal work and vehicle and equipment repair.
- Drive vehicles and operate certain other motorized equipment.
- Perform safety checks on facilities and equipment.
- May move furniture, climb and perform other physical activities as required in the performance of assigned duties.
- There are no formal education or experience requirements for this position.
- A Motor Vehicle Driver's License valid in the State of New York is required.
- There are certain medical and physical requirements.
- Ability to drive to locations in all five boroughs.
- Ability to work flexible hours, nights and weekends as needed.
- Commercial Driver License a plus.
Residency in New York City, Nassau, Orange, Rockland, Suffolk, Putnam or Westchester counties required for employees with over two years of city service. New York City residency required within 90 days of hire for all other candidates.