Skip to main content
Jobs Apply

Seasonal City Park Worker

Maintenance and janitorial with NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP)

Employment Type and Schedule Full-time

Salary $16.63 - $25.83 per hour

Work Location Brooklyn

Last Updated Last updated on May 10, 2022

Description Description

Join the NYC Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) as a Seasonal City Park Worker.

DEP protects public health and the environment by supplying clean drinking water, collecting and treating wastewater, and reducing air, noise, and hazardous materials pollution. DEP is in partnership with various City agencies to construct green infrastructure rain gardens and is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of these systems.

More information on the program can be found here.

City Park Workers assist in general maintenance work, including edging, seeding, snow removal, cultivating, fertilizing, trimming, sweeping, removal of sediments and raking of litter; clean and maintain facilities including drainage structures; perform minor repair work including but not limited to plumbing, masonry, carpentry, metal work and vehicle and equipment repair; drive vehicles and operate certain other motorized equipment; perform safety checks on facilities and equipment; and may move furniture, climb and perform other physical activities as required in the performance of assigned duties.

Environmental Conditions: Some of the environmental factors that the candidate will face performing this job include walking for extended periods of time, entering the rain gardens, and working in extreme heat or cold.

Requirements Requirements

  1. There are no formal education or experience requirements for this position.
  2. A Motor Vehicle Driver's License valid in the State of New York is required.
  3. There are certain medical and physical requirements.

Preferred Skills

Experience with horticultural maintenance, ability to work flexible hours, nights and weekends as needed. Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills. Commercial Driver License preferred.