NYC Job Information & Resources
NYC Small Business Services
Career Discovery NYC
Career Discovery NYC is a centralized resource to assist New Yorkers with career discovery and training. The portal provides online, no-cost trainings that prepare New Yorkers with the necessary skills to pursue a pathway for an in-demand career. It helps New Yorkers:
- Explore: Learn about a new career that’s in demand, including skill requirements and salary expectations.
- Discover: Take introductory courses to help you decide if a specific career is a good fit for you.
- Prepare: Spend more time practicing what you’ve learned to gain comfort and familiarity with those skills.
- Train: Apply to training programs that can lead you to a new career.
You can also learn where to get low-cost or free internet access and support services.
Career Discovery NYC is currently available for tech careers. Careers in healthcare, industrial and manufacturing, and media will be added in the fall.
Who it’s for
Anyone 18 years or older who is legally authorized to work in the US can use a Workforce1 Career Center.
- Workforce1 schedules one-on-one customer appointments based on your availability and their operating hours, usually Monday through Friday, 9am–5pm.
- Workforce1 also hosts a variety of group workshops throughout the week. This schedule varies by borough.
Workforce1 delivers remote and online services through platforms approved by the ADA and the Mayor’s Office for People with Disabilities (for example, using Zoom for group workshops).
NYC Human Resources Administration
Business Link helps jobseekers connect with employers to explore job opportunities.
Who it’s for
Business Link primarily serves New Yorkers who receive:
- Cash assistance
- SNAP (commonly known as food stamps)
- Various housing supports
- Other forms of financial assistance in New York City
Any New Yorker, even if they don’t receive the support above, can use Business Link’s free job matching and referral services.
On request, HRA can provide services in other languages.
To get connected to services, please send an email to BusinessLinkRecruitment@hra.nyc.gov.
NYC Housing Authority (NYCHA)
Jobs-Plus offers employment assistance, financial counseling, and other related supports.
Jobs-Plus is a place based employment services program for working-age NYCHA residents. It helps participants find work and keep more of their earned income. Jobs-Plus offers job-related services, help with finances, and community support. Jobs-Plus is available at 27 NYCHA developments across 10 sites.
Who it’s for
NYCHA residents who are old enough to work and live in one of the 27 developments served can enroll in Jobs-Plus.
The schedule differs by program site.
To find out if Jobs-Plus is available at your NYCHA development and enroll, visit NYCHA’s Office of Resident Economic Empowerment & Sustainability (REES) website.
Job Search Tools & Resources
Job Search Resources
Subscribe and check out featured playlists. #IndeedJobMarket
Get more tips: https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/
City Cleanup Corps Member Enrichment & Training
CCC Member Opportunities
NYC Department of Citywide Administrative Services
Information Session: Time & Location TBA
City of New York University Opportunities for Study
Free Financial Counseling