Career Discovery NYC
[blockquote text=”Learn about careers in tech, healthcare, industrial and manufacturing, and media”]
For each career featured on Career Discovery NYC you can:
- Explore and learn about a new career that is in demand, including skill requirements and salary expectations.
- Discover the skills required for selected in-demand jobs and determine whether that career is a good fit for you while taking introductory courses.
- Practice what you have learned and prepare for an intensive training program.
- Train, by applying to high quality trainings that can lead you to a new career.
[blockquote text=”Job prep and training and adult and english education classes in NYC”]
You are already on Working NYC! Keep exploring all of the opportunities on this site, including:
- a curated list of programs: job and prep, adult education, improving English skills, certifications, and more
- select job opportunities: City and State jobs, Covid-19 relief (e.g. contact tracer jobs), and more
- sign up to get custom email updates based on your preferred neighborhood and kind of program/service you are looking for
[blockquote text=”See how different programs compare to each other and what outcomes they can expect by completing it”]
People looking to compare program performance will have access to standard definitions for key milestones and outcomes across workforce programs. There are 13 “Common Metrics” that include the following areas:
- Employment: job placements (full-time and part-time), job retention, and job continuity
- Skill Development: training, industry certifications, and academic degrees
- Wages: median wage, wage growth, and quarterly earnings
The Workforce Dashboard will be available soon! Get a sneak peak
[blockquote text=”Access to thousands of job opportunities working for business doing projects in NYC – companies can get free recruiting service.”]
New Yorkers looking to gain a job through HireNYC should register for Workforce1 to connect to a career counselor.
Businesses who want to participate in HireNYC will get free recruiting services – with access to a pool of high-qualified New Yorkers who live in the areas your projects will impact. Program details:
- HireNYC: Goods and Services – Qualifying vendors are required to enroll with the HireNYC portal and interview qualified candidates who meet the requirements of the entry and mid-level positions associated with the contract.
- HireNYC: Human Services – Human services vendors are required to hire one Public Assistance recipient for every $250,000 received in City funds.
- Sandy Recovery Hiring Plan – For NYC Department of Design and Construction-procured construction contracts above $300,000 that are related to Sandy Recovery efforts, contractors and subcontractors must include apprenticeship agreements and are subject to Outer Borough Residential Project Labor Agreement.
- HireNYC: Development – Construction Jobs: This program connects construction job opportunities generated by NYCEDC and HPD projects to low-income workers.
- HireNYC: Development- Permanent Jobs: This program establishes employment targets related to hiring, retention and advancement for permanent jobs created by businesses at City-supported development projects, including tenants of NYCEDC-managed properties.