Train & Earn is a short-term program for low-income youth (ages 16-24) who are not working nor in school.
Youth can get training to improve their job skills and find permanent work. The program also provides High School Equivalency prep and support services, and includes 12 months of follow-up services after program completion.
You may be eligible for this program if you:
- Live in NYC
- Are 16–24 years old
- Are not in school and not working
- You are one of the following:
- a homeless or runaway youth
- in foster care or have aged out of the foster care system
- involved in the justice system
- have a disability
- pregnant or a parent
- are low-income and need help to enter or complete an education program, or to get or hold a job
You must be able to work lawfully in the United States to participate in paid work experiences.
The program schedule depends on the program provider that you choose.
Train & Earn is an Equal Opportunity program. People with disabilities can request auxiliary aids and services.
If you have limited English skills, this program can serve you in your primary language.
To participate, contact a Train & Earn Provider.