Through this program, you can get trained, get unionized, and get paid in union construction careers.
Pathways to Apprenticeship trains and mentors people for construction union apprenticeships. It serves people from low-income communities, focusing on the formerly incarcerated, people on public assistance, and those living in public housing.
Who it's for
To be eligible for this program, you should:
- Be over 18 years old
- Be an NYC resident
- Have a High School Diploma or Equivalency
- Have a valid ID and Social Security Card
- Be interested in a career in the construction trades
- Be willing to commit to an apprenticeship program that can last up to four years
- Be able to attend unpaid training during the day, Monday through Friday (training is mostly virtual or remote, with some in-person attendance)
- Have a computer, tablet, or mobile device for participation in virtual/remote training
If you’re interested in this program, please complete this brief Community Hiring survey.
After you submit the survey, a Workforce1 Account Manager will follow up to see if you are a good fit for a pre-apprenticeship training.