Get paid to work on sustainability initiatives
Green City Force by NYC Housing Authority (NYCHA) | Green City Force
3 to less than 6 months, Daytime
Last updated on Mar 16, 2023
Work within NYCHA communities to implement sustainability programs.
Get a mix of hands-on and classroom experience in the field of environmental sustainability. Classroom training includes eco-literacy and applied environmental education. Hands-on experience includes building and maintaining urban farms in four boroughs to grow produce for local residents.
To join the Green City Force Service Corps, you must meet all of the eligibility requirements below:
- Currently live in a New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) Development
- Have a GED or High School diploma (see programs to help you your high school equivalency)
- Be between the ages of 18-24
- Be a U.S. citizen or have legal resident status
- You cannot have a bachelor’s degree
- Be fully vaccinated against COVID-19